Kings Canyon is the only currently playable map in Apex Legends. It features an abundance of areas varying from military facilities to slums, with a river dividing it down the middle. It is an island surrounded by water on all sides, with hazardous cliffs that drop to the sea level below.
- Scalable Walls: Around populated areas, there are many walls that can be scaled by holding the jump button whilst next to them (The player can also hang on the wall if they let go of the jump key). Walls range from concrete fences surrounding building complexes, to panels that run up the sides of steep hills.
- Zip-lines: Yellow highlighted zip-lines are set between certain locations across the map. Players can use them to travel between points across large distances and are activated with the Interact Key. They come in two variants: vertical, which only carry the player up; and horizontal, bi-directional lines that can carry players far distances. Players are able to drop off with the Jump Key and reconnect to zip-lines at any time. Zip-lines that are part of the map are permanently connected with tall zip-line poles or are connected directly into the environment. Horizontal zip-lines can be travelled across in either direction, regardless of incline. Also note that Pathfinder is able to create zip-lines with his ultimate ability, but can only establish them up to a certain distance and only horizontally. Players cannot interact with ziplines while downed. Wraith cannot use zip-line while activating her ultimate or tactical ability, as both of her arms are occupied.
- Doors: Metal doors typically come in single or double pairs, with large, unbreakable doors being present in certain areas (hangar doors on Hydro Dam, bunker doors on Bunker). Doors can be opened and closed by pressing the interact key, or by shooting the handle with Heavy Ammo weapons. Regular doors can be kicked down by using a melee attack on them twice. Bullets do not go through doors but can be destroyed by explosive damage.
- Balloons: High altitude red balloons, connected by a veritcal zip-line, are scattered throughout the map. Interacting with one of these air balloons will send your legend up the zip line and automatically deploy your glide upon reaching the top, allowing you to traverse the map quickly. You can drop off of the balloon zip-line at any time by pressing the jump key, but this will not deploy your glide.
- Hot Zone: At the start of each match, a random location on the map is designated as a Hot Zone, indicated by a pulsing blue circle marker. Indicating that, around that area, there will be higher quality loot and a chance of finding a legendary version of a stock weapon, which will have full legendary attachments and use regular ammo.
- Supply Ship: At the start of the game a mobile supply ship travels to a random destination on the map (designated by a blue ship outline marker). The supply ship has an outer deck and an inner hallway, and contains a small quantity of mid to high-tier loot.
- Respawn Beacons: Respawn Beacons are scattered all across the map so that players may respawn dead teammates, as long as at least one squad member has retrieved their banner. Respawn beacons are a one-use feature but up to two team members may be respawned at once. Respawn Beacons can be used by any player, but once used, is deactivated for the rest of the match. These beacons are often surrounded by 1-3 supply bins in order to resupply the respawned teammate. To activate a beacon, hold the interact key while close to it, and after a few seconds teammate will be airlifted in. Unlike while looting a death box, the player cannot strafe while activating the beacon, much like reviving a downed teammate.
- Supply Bins: Found throughout the map, supply bins are a common source of loot alongside ground loot, supply drops and the supply ship. These supply bins carry between 1 and 3 items ranging from healing items, grenades, armour, or weapons and their respective ammo.
- Loot Ticks: Rare containers that must be destroyed to access their loot. Usually provides or items. Emit an electronic chip/whir sound when nearby.
The Airbase is located on the western most side of the map. A large, spread out area separated by North/South runways, with airships and crates located at the ends of each, and a zipline connecting both sides. Assorted supply bins and buildings on the landside. Predominantly mid range engagements. High tier loot area in close proximity to Runoff.
The Artillery is a named location located on the northernmost part of the map. A large concrete base with multiple large buildings, surrounded by high walls. Mid to long range engagement distances. 2 large main buildings, hangars, 2 tunnels, and a side extension at the end of one tunnel.
The Bridges are a location near the centre of the map built on top of the river. It features many wooden shacks and bridges beside and across the river.
The Bunker is a high loot tier tunnel, located in the middle of the map that connects the river from cascades to the village near Airbase.
The Cascades are located in the upper central area of the map. The buildings contained are very similar to bridges but the terrain is more varied in height.
The Hydro Dam is a huge area with varying connections to nearby locations. It has several buildings spread out over a large area and a large bunker with several floors that can be accessed by the large door out the front.
The Market is a completely indoors area with close-mid range engagements. It has several rooms with varying loot in each, as well as loot around the floor area, inside empty store parts and on top of the canvas roofs of the markets. It has two entrances at the top with zip-lines for easy access as well as several medium sized doors on the upper level.
The Relay is a high-tier loot location situated in the north-east corner of the map. The area consists of a larger uncovered structure in its northeast featuring plentiful loot containers, as well as a series of buildings, interconnected by zip-lines, and separated by a river and bottomless chasm.
The Repulsor is a high-tier loot location situated towards the South-East of the map. It contains three covered pits, and two larger multi-story buildings, as well as some smaller structures.
The Runoff is a sewage treatment facility on the far west of the map. It is comprised mainly of several large buildings of two floors interconnected with bridges. Some circular rooms in the buildings contain zip-lines to navigate between the two floors.
Skull Town is a plus shaped 4 lane area with multiple buildings and several levels to traverse. It is partially covered by a large animal skeleton with has several zip-lines connecting it to the town.
The Slum Lakes is a large town of shacks in the north-west corner of the map. The town is split by a wide trench containing two long industrial pipes and a zipline spanning the length of the area. Provides close access to Runoff and The Pit.
The Swamps are located on the easternmost portion of the map. This area features buildings raised on stilts above the mud, large partially submerged pipelines, and ziplines and bridges connecting large shacks. The northern area has a wooden bridge that extends across a sheer drop at the edge of the map, and southern area provides access to Hydro Dam and Repulsor.
Thunderdome is a high tier loot area, with caged structures connected by ziplines. This area features two grounded cage structures, connecting to a hanging cage, a spiral staircase tower, and loot areas surround a respawn beacon up the hill.
The Pit is a small circular canyon arena situated in the north-west of the map, accessible only by three narrow paths. The area is level and clear, with only a few supply bins and crates for cover. Despite its open roof, Lifeline cannot call her Care Package while in The Pit.
Water Treatment is situated on the south coast of Kings Canyon. The main plant building lies at the southernmost cliff, with four sewage containers surrounding its north perimeter. The building has 4 main rooms connected to each other by corridors on the second floor. Aside from the building, loot can be found in supply bins outside the building on the south side and with occasional weapon spawns near the outer rings. This area has a nearby Respawn Beacon on the east side with 3 Supply Bins around it. A supply ship may land on its east or west landing platforms.
Located near the northeastern side of the map, Wetlands consists of a few clusters of protected buildings overlooked by a number of protected rock vantage points. While not known for abundant loot, it can provide protection despite the surrounding high ground.